All Images Are Copyright Protected

Please respect that any posted images are copyright protected. Please feel free to contact me directly for possible permission to use images from my blog.

Tuesday 21 May 2013

New to Me - Carel Fabritius "Goldfinch"

I inadvertently discovered a painting I've never seen before, by an artist from the 1600's, a student of Rembrandt no less. How I discovered this? I have a Flickr account from way back, mainly used to host images of small more loosely painted acrylic paintings I sold through the notorious eBay, as well as to share pics via albums - used mainly as an image hosting site. I recently discovered that I can view my Stats, something I generally don't care enough to spend time doing on the few websites I post images on, even when I had a portrait commission site years back. I noticed in my Stats that someone found my images through a Google search for Goldfinch Painting. I followed the link back to the Google search and in the foray of images, one caught my eye. Wow!

I am putting the image here, of this painting by 17th century artist Carel Fabritius. He has other bird paintings too. But this one was my favourite! My boyfriend will chide ( he Loves Rembrandt, although I feel my boyfriend's work is more thrilling visually than his even lol!) me but I actually like this painting better than his teacher Rembrandt's work lol!

GOLDFINCH - by Carel





















MY GOLDFINCH  (Carel's is definitely better!)






No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comments. it will show once it is approved.