All Images Are Copyright Protected

Please respect that any posted images are copyright protected. Please feel free to contact me directly for possible permission to use images from my blog.

Saturday 18 February 2012

C15 Swan Again....Too Near the Road :-(

Although it is awesome to get to walk right up to him, this swan at Whitby Harbour is always right beside the road. This time, resting with his head in his feathers.

This morning, went down to the harbour to see what was around. We talked with a guy from Sunderland, who is an avid bird watcher. He let us know the big gull with the black wings we had seen earlier is a Greater Black Back Gull and that they aren't often seen more than maybe once a year in Whitby. I got a shot of one, though it was too far for my lens.

My camera got cold and wet and began not to function so we went home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comments. it will show once it is approved.